Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Raw Nut/Date/Avocado/Cacao Cake
After eating this dessert you will NEVER go back to any of those tempting sugar filled treats and sweets that are harmful and addicting to your body! These are healthy...AND EXTREMELY DELICIOUS!
A shout out to my amazing roommate, Helena, for finding this recipe and letting Justin and I sneak them out of the fridge :) We can't resist!
1.5 cup nuts (mixed nuts or a particular nut of choice will do)
1 cup dates (make sure you remove the pits! Medjool are the best but can be kind of spendy so do what's in your budget)
5 tbs. cacao
3-5 tbs. honey (raw, local honey is always the best choice)
5 tbs. cacao
2 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt (we use Himalayan salt)
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Finely chop nuts in a blender. Add dates and cacao. You may need to add a little bit of water if it is not mixing well or becomes TOO sticky (depends on the type of dates you use)
2. Press this base into a medium sized square glass pan lined with parchment paper (if you don't put down parchment paper it'll be impossible to cut pieces out of the pan!)
3. Put this in the fridge while you make the topping.
4. Using a hand mixer, mix the ripe avocado in a bowl. Add the vanilla, salt, cinnamon, cacao.
5. Remove the base from the fridge and spread on the avocado topping! To make it look pretty add some finely shredded coconut to the top and BAM! It's definitely edible at this point but you may want to put the completed project back in the fridge to let it harden up.