Friday, March 7, 2014

Morning Power Smoothie!


Ingredients that I use along with a picture of the final product!
Whether I'm headed to class, just got done with a workout, or simply craving something sweet, a smoothie in my still fairly new and awesome blender is one of my favorite choices! I want to share my little creation so that you can enjoy it too :)

I like my smoothies to be THICK so you may have to play around with it and add more flax/almond milk to make it the consistency you would like

Recipe:

1/4 frozen organic mixed berries (I get the large bag @ Costco - such a good deal!)
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (in a can - see picture)
1/2 banana
1 scoop of raw protein, raw meal, or whey protein from grass fed cows
1/2 - 3/4 cup almond or flax milk (this will vary depending on how thick you like your smoothies - you can always start with less and add more)

Other ingredients that I like to add:
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp maca powder
Handful of spinach or kale

Chia seeds are a good source of protein and Maca powder helps balance your hormones and boost your sex drive (if you need any help with that :) ). I recommend gelatinized Maca powder which you can learn about on this website.

Like I mentioned - a great smoothie to have on its own as a meal (especially when you are busy busy busy like most of us) or post workout. Loaded with good fats, protein, and carbohydrate that our body can utilize to rebuild tissues and give us energy!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment